The City Collections department is a very diverse section of the Utility Department with several functions. The department receipts and processes most of the City's revenue in the data system related to the function codes and ordinances applicable.
You may pay your Utility bill by phone at 479-784-1615, in person at 623 Garrison Ave, online at accounts.fortsmithar.gov or at any of the drop boxes throughout the city.
Drop Boxes are located at:
- Windsor Drive Library
- Dallas Street Library
- North A Street behind the Stephens Building
- Miller Library on S. 28th Street
- CV's parking lot on Jenny Lind
- 623 Garrison night drop on front of building
Fort Smith Downtown Parking Permits
Long term, meter parking permits can be obtained from the City Collections offices for $32.98 per month. These parking permits cover parking at meters designated by the green band on the meter pole and allow vehicles to be parked 24/7, as long as the permit is clearly shown. The locations of green-band street locations include:
- North A Street from 5th to 9th Street
- North 9th Street from Garrison Avenue to North A Street
- South 9th Street from Garrison Avenue to Rogers Avenue
- North 10th Street from Garrison Avenue to North A Street
- South 4th Street from Garrison Avenue to Parker Avenue
- South 5th Street from Garrison Avenue to Rogers Avenue
- Rogers Avenue from 3rd Street to 5th Street
Parking permits for the parking deck at 701 Rogers Avenue across from the Hotel (Double Tree by Hilton of Fort Smith) can also be purchased here for $43.90 per month. There are 330 total parking spaces within the parking deck. Like the green-band permits, these allow vehicles to be parked 24/7. However, these differ from the green-band permits in that each permit is assigned to one parking spot. Again, please make sure the permit is clearly shown. If you, or your business, would like to lease multiple parking spaces, please contact the City Collections office.